Rendez-Vous Estates is a Senior Non-Profit Housing Co-operative that provides an affordable lifestyle for their members. New members buy a one time 100% fully refundable Membership Share to live in Rendez-Vous Estates. Members pay monthly fees, only enough to cover operational costs, repairs, and reserves; which is much more affordable than average private sector rental costs. Upon departure, a member receives their membership share back with no interest.
Rendez-Vous Estates was incorporated in March 2016 as Taché Seniors Non-Profit Housing Co-operative Inc. which offers safety and security. Members have a vote in decisions about their housing and there is no outside landlord.
If you live in a non-profit housing co-op you are:
- A voting member who contributes to the governance of the co-op
- Part of a community where neighbors look out for one another
- Living in housing that can stay affordable because it’s run on a non-profit basis and is never resold
Co-op members have the right to:
- Vote on the annual budget which sets the monthly housing charges and affects the quality of your housing – for example, how much the co-op will spend on property upkeep
- Elect a board of directors made up of people who live in your co-op
- Run for the board of directors
- Receive audited financial statements that show how the co-op spent your money
Interested? Download the fund raising form.